The 2018 Louisiana Book Festival will take place on November 10!
The Louisiana Book Festival is a celebration of readers, writers, and their books that is free and open to the public! It is a wonderful opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their products and services to thousands of festival attendees. We hope you will join us at this year’s festival!
Please be aware that the authors who participate as exhibitors are distinct from those who are invited to participate in the festival as featured authors. If you register as an exhibitor, your location and listing will be in the exhibitor section of the website and program. For information on selection criteria for featured authors, please refer to the Selection Criteria page.
You may see a list of exhibitors who have registered for the 2018 Louisiana Book Festival on the Attending Exhibitors page of this website. Please check back often as it is continually updated!
Interested in exhibiting?
The exhibitor spaces showcase authors, booksellers, publishers, scholarly programs, and other literary-related businesses and organizations.
Please note! All exhibitors who will be selling any items need to register for a free Louisiana sales tax account number, even if you are from out of state. You may apply for an account number online, or you can download the paper form. More information can be found at the Louisiana Department of Revenue website.
Please direct questions to the contact given on that page; I am not able to answer questions about their process, requirements, or how to apply for an account number!
If you are interested in receiving information about participating in the festival, please email email@example.com.
Booth spaces are located within exhibitor tents on N. 4th Street between the State Library of Louisiana and the Capitol Park Museum. Discounted rates are available for nonprofit organizations with proof of nonprofit status (501(C)3 status certificate).
Mini-booth spaces are located within exhibitor tents on N. 4th Street between the State Library of Louisiana and the Capitol Park Museum.
Exhibitors' Row spaces are external tables located along the west walkway between Spanish Town Road and the State Capitol.
|Registration Period||Dates||Exhibitors' Row||Mini-Booth||Nonprofit Booth||Booth|
|Early Registration||June 18 - June 30||$100||$250||$325||$375|
|Standard Registration||July 1 - September 30||$125||$300||$375||$425|
|Late Registration||October 1 - October 14||$150||$350||$425||$475|
- Review full exhibitor agreement before deciding whether to participate as exhibitor.
- Choose appropriate registration form for type of space you select.
- Complete all fields highlighted in yellow/tan (credit card fields only if that is your form of payment).
- Send completed form with payment to Exhibits Coordinator as directed on form.
- DEADLINE OCTOBER 14! Completed registrations must be received/postmarked by deadline.
- Booth Registration Form
- Nonprofit Booth Registration Form
- Mini-Booth Registration Form
- Exhibitors' Row Registration Form
Questions about completing a form? Please contact the Exhibits Coordinator.
Thank you for your interest in participating!
FAQWhen do I need to be there?
- Registration is from 7-9am and exhibitor operating hours are 9am-4pm
- We estimate attendance to be around 20,000.
- Casual but neat
- No inappropriate slogans or logos
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Dress in layers (it tends to be cold in the morning then warms up as the day progresses)
- Sunglasses and possibly sunscreen and a hat in case you are seated in a sunny spot
- Lots of energy!
- A cell phone
- Phone numbers of all staff or volunteers working your space
- A tablet or calculator to calculate sales
- Change for cash sales
- A sufficient amount of your work to sell
- A camera to take pictures of your booth for your next newsletter/blog post/Facebook post/letter to Mom
- Consider bringing a standing umbrella or chair with a shade attachment; even on cool days, the sun can be a bit much
- You CANNOT bring a pop-up or canopy tent or any umbrella or shade that penetrates the ground or that extends into the walkway and endangers passers-by
Your exhibit space is your invitation to festival-goers to view your work, ask questions, and, hopefully, decide to buy! It’s also an opportunity to create a relationship with interested people. Think of this as your little shop where you are the proprietor.
How do I make a good impression?
- Arrange your materials in the most appealing way possible.
- Put up a neat and easy-to-read poster or display to show more about you and your work.
- Make sure any displays you bring fit within your allotted space.
- Greet each guest with a smile, even if you are with someone else.
- Maintain a clean, clutter-free space.
- Engage interested guests in conversations about your work.
- Smiling and showing enthusiasm for your work are the best ways to make guests comfortable and interested!
- Keep good records!
- Have contact information handy for follow-up sales or questions, on business cards and your receipts.
- Wrap items, if necessary.
- Pay city and parish taxes using the forms provided at registration.
- Register with the state of Louisiana for a state tax ID number.
- You cannot bring a pop-up tent or canopy for the tables along Exhibitors’ Row.
- You can bring a free-standing umbrella as long as it doesn’t extend into the walkway.
- You cannot bring anything that pierces the ground.
- Wi-Fi is not guaranteed along Exhibitor’s Row, if you are using something like Square® for sales.
- We provide bottled water free of charge to exhibitors throughout the day.
- Be mindful of your fellow exhibitors and do your best to keep your noise level - your own and that surrounding your space - reasonable.
Please contact our Exhibits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.